Welcome to Rebecca Corcoran Counselling. Please note that I am currently away on leave and not accepting new clients at this time. Feel free to e-mail me for recommendations to other counsellors or check out the following sites…
- The Centre for Counselling and Therapy (youth, individual and family therapy)- http://www.cfct.ca/
- Melanie Siebert (youth and adults)- http://melaniesiebert.ca/
- Counselling BC Website
Finding the right counsellor can provide a sense of support and relief to the challenges that arise in our lives. It is important that my clients feel safe and comfortable and thus I ensure an open, non-judgemental atmosphere. I am a Registered Clinical Counsellor with the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors and have specialized training to work with children, youth, young adults and families. In addition to individual therapy and family counselling, I also provide parenting consultations and facilitate therapeutic groups.
Themes for counselling support may include:
- Significant life or family transitions (separation, divorce, blending of families, multiple moves, illness in family)
- Responding to violence/trauma (historical and current)
- Relationship support/ improving family relationships
- Parenting support/communication strategies
- Health and wellness/exploring a preferred vision for a healthy lifestyle and care of self practices
- Child and youth mental health and well being
- Grief and loss
I offer a complimentary 30 minute consultation to all clients. Please feel free to call or e-mail if you have any questions about the services that I offer.